Monday, November 28, 2011

Good Witch Style




The Good Witch movie series is a guilty pleasure of mine, to the point that I think The Good Witch's Gift is my favorite Christmas movie. They are undeniably cheesy, but totally entertaining, and Cassie Nightingale is so charming.
What I really like about Cassie Nightingale's character is that she embraces possibility and that is her magic. There's no Hollywood-style spells, she just believes in herself and others to the point that she nurtures growth and change.
Cassie is also the closest thing I have found to a fashion icon that fits my style. She keeps things simple and seasonal, with quirky details and statement jewelry. I'd love to raid her closet for her flowy jackets alone! It was hard to find images online that show her style, check out the movies for the full effect.
I think the best place I have found so far for clothes that capture the Good Witch spirit is the Etsy shop Treehouse28. This top http://www.etsy.com/listing/62178676/wrap-top is so Cassie, and this jacket http://www.etsy.com/listing/64066519/one-tie-coat too. I could see mixing these pieces with some silk or sheer items for a soft, yet sculptural feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment